Here’s the printed recipes to my video on YouTube:
Ketchup that is NOT 1/3 sugar
- 2 12- oz cans of tomato paste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2-4 cloves garlic chopped
- juice from another ferment
- 1 teaspoon finely ground salt
- a little hot pepper
- more water or pickle juice
- Combine all ingredients with stick blender. Slowly add more liquid while blending until the result is the consistency of ketchup.
- Cover and store in a warm (65-85F) place for 1-4 weeks. Ketchup will bubble and get more sour as it ages. Remove to refrigerator when the ketchup is tart enough to be delicious.
You'll some kind of culture to inoculate this. You can use pickle juice or sauerkraut juice or something else that you've fermented. You can even use a small amount of whey strained out of some fresh yogurt.
Fast Homemade Mayo
Super easy way to whiz up some mayonnaise in seconds!
- 1 cup good oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- salt to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- Combine oil and egg and salt. Buzz with an immersion blender until thick. Add salt and lemon juice to taste.
A simple stone ground style mustard.
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Combine all ingredients.
- Allow to soak overnight.
- Mix with stick blender until desired consistency.
Use 2 parts liquid to 1 part mustard seeds. Liquid can be wine, beer, vinegar, water. Experiment!!