Here’s a nice, warm, asian beef stew that you can throw together in the slow cooker. You can start by cutting up your own produce, or you can buy stew meat from the butcher counter and a frozen vegetables already cut up!
Ginger Beef and Vegetables Crockpot
Write a review
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1-1/2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 cups loose-pack frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- COOKED RICE
- 1. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker, combine beef, carrots, scallions, and garlic. In a medium bowl, combine the 1 1/2 cups water, soy sauce, ginger, bouillon, and crushed red pepper; pour over mixture in cooker.
- 2. Cover; cook on low-heat setting 9 to 10 hours or on high-heat setting 4 1/2 to 5 hours.
- 3. If using low heat setting, turn to the high-heat setting. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and the 3 tablespoons cold water; stir into meat mixture along with bell pepper. Cover; cook 20 to 30 minutes more, or until thickened, stirring once. Stir in sugar snap peas. Serve with rice.
Better Done Yourself http://betterdoneyourself.com/